Language Immersion Summer Camp- The International School
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 08/06/2021
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
2021 Summer Camp Dates & Themes
Session 1: June 28 - July 9 | Kingdom Animalia
Session 2: July 12 - 23 | Wonderful World of Water
Session 3: July 26 - August 6 | Game On!
- Small groups with teachers from around the world
- Fun outdoor and indoor activities aimed at building language skills (songs, crafts, games, sports, stories, and more)
- Ice-cream social
- Specialist classes, such as sports & games, music & movement, or yoga
- Exciting field days (water balloon toss, relay races, and more)
- Fun, cultural music and movement classes for all campers! We will offer different opportunities each session – such as Taiko, Capoeira, or African drumming!
- Field trips!
COVID-19 Health & Safety Practices
We are a certified Child Care Center with the Oregon Early Learning Division (ELD) and abide by all local and state health and safety guidelines. The International School has been open and successfully operating our preschool and Kindergarten programs as Emergency Child Care under these protocols since September 2020. Safety measures include:
- Lower overall capacity
- Stable cohorts (campers will only interact with a small set group of others campers, rather than all children at camp)
- Required face coverings for staff and campers five and up; face coverings strongly encouraged for preschool campers
- Daily health screenings for campers and staff
- Regular sanitizing, hand-washing, and daily Clorox 360 disinfecting
CLICK HERE to read The International School’s full health and safety plans.
Summer Camp Staff
We’re so proud of our summer camp staff! All of our teachers and staff members are dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and welcoming camp environment for your child.
Our camp teachers come from all over the world and have native-level fluency of the languages they teach. Most are also teachers at The International School during the school year or have taught with our camp programs in the past. They have a wealth of experience working with young language learners.
Our summer administrative team is here to answer questions and facilitate a smooth camp experience. Let us know how we can help!
We are all trained in CPR and first aid. The International School also has a dedicated Health and Safety Coordinator on campus during camp hours to help ensure the health and safety of our campers.
Behavior and Safety
The International School strives to provide a fun and safe environment for all our campers. We expect all campers and their parents/guardians to behave in a manner that is safe, appropriate, and friendly. If a camper behaves in a way that the staff believes to be unsafe, inappropriate or unfriendly, we will address the situation by speaking with the child and, if needed, the parents. The International School reserves the right to expel or temporarily exclude a camper for repeated or extreme misbehavior. In the event of expulsion or exclusion, no refund will be issued.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.